Sunday, October 11, 2009

New Home

We are now officially in our new home. We were able to move into our new apartment on Wednesday. It has been an interesting week. The moving company that moved us broke 6 of the 8 legs off of my antique table which was devistating. Derrick and I put a lot of time into refinishing the table and reapolstering the chairs. It was a little hard to see all of the pieces of the legs. They also broke a stand for TV trays, our TV stand, our head board has a chunk of wood out of it, and Avarie's toddler bed had a slat broken out of the headboard. Luckily they have to pay for it all to be replaced. It was a little hard the day we moved in to find so many of our things broken, especially the table my grandmother had given us and we had refinished and put a lot of time into. Last week I found a new table that is not an antique until we are done moving and then Derrick said we would be able to find another antique table or try to get mine fixed at that point. They will be delivering it on Tuesday.
On a happier note we are loving texas. It is a little difficult to navigate through, but we are starting to get used to that and around our apartment everything we need is pretty close. Derricks commute will only be about 20 minutes or so. He is excited about his new oportunity. Derrick starts officers training officially on Tuesday.
I will post pictures of the apartment soon, but I would like to get Avarie's big girl room done first. We miss everyone a lot and hope everything is going well back in Utah.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Sounds like a bad moving company to me! I am glad they have to pay for everything though. It could have been worse...

Karla said...

I'm glad that you are almost settled into your new home. Can't wait to see pictures of your home. I'm sure you will have it all decorated in no time. Avarie is such a sweetie. I can just hear the excitement she must have had at Sea World. We will have to go again when we come visit.