Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Derrick and Grad school

well I have had a few comments on which school we would like to go to for Derrick's graduate school. Our first choice right now is Baylor in San Antonio. The program is 5th in the nation and it emphasis is exactly what derrick would love to do. He is really excited about that one. The other bonus to the school would be that we would only owe the army 4.5 years and he would get a salary while he was going to school so I would be able to stay home with Avarie.
Derrick keeps going back and forth on which school is his second choice. it goes between regis in colorado and U of U. I think it changes daily, but I am sure if he interviews with both talking with professors and looking at the areas would make up his mind where they both stand.
Derrick's last choice is Bellermine in Kentucky as of right now. Again that could change with interviews and looking at the area. I hope that updates everyone.

3 comments:

Chris said...

And to think he used me as one of his references... The question you should ask yourself is which school do I want him to go to? Also, why the army? I've heard from family and many others that the Air Force is way better for families.

Avarie, Reid and their parents said...

The options for that school for Derrick are army or Navy and the public health service. The Navy is not an option and the public health service he does not want to go into so that is where we are and my mothers family are all in the army.

Chris said...

Ok... I wish you all the best!