Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Preparations and Fun!!

There is a lot of catching up and a lot of new posts below. I am sorry for the overload of posts, but we have been busy since halloween. We have recently been busy with preparations for Christmas. This is one of my favorite times of year. The chill in the air (as much as San Antonio allows), the sights, smells, and the feelings of it are just amazing and make me feel overwhelmed with love and joy! Here are a few of the holiday goings on down here in Texas and I am sure there will be more to come in the coming week.


Happy Holidays to everyone from Reid and Avarie We made Santa hats the other day and they have enjoyed wearing them
Apple cider and cookies after decorating the Christmas tree

Adorable kids

Decorated tree

One of my all time favorite Christmas traditions is making gingerbread (graham cracker) houses. This year we decided to make some like every other year and this was the result.


Reids house assisted by me

Shingles on the roof. It is hard to see but on the frosting snow there are sparkly sprinkles to make the snow shimmer.

Avarie's So fun to do this with her this year she is really getting a hold of the excitement and fun of this season.

Avarie's

Avarie's

Here are a few of the adult projects that have happend around here. These are the kids count downs for Christmas. Derrick cut them out and I painted them and put the nails in to hold the lifesavers

Avarie'sReid's


Here are the stockings I have sewn and ebroidered for the kids. I am currently working on Derrick's and will hopefully finish before Christmas eve Ha ha


Reid's

Avarie's dancing sugar plum fairy. I thought it was very fitting for our little ballerina






We wish you a very merry christmas and hope your holiday season is full of love and joy and that we all remember what Christmas is really about. Our Savior Jesus Christ!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Those stockings are amazing. What are they made of?