Sunday, May 16, 2010

Everyday Update

We have been up to a lot lately. We will be leaving for Utah next friday and are driving there which should take about 24 hours. I think we might be crazy, but the jury is out on that one still. Derrick and I have been running usually 4 days a week and we are up to 1.5 miles. Not far, but for me it is good. I am hoping to be able to run a 5K by December but my mom and Derrick both think I could by the end of the summer. We will see how I feel then though that is a definite maybe. We have also been trying to eat better lately. We have been eating more whole grains and I have been able to find some great recipes that are low of calories, higher on fiber and dont sacrifice on taste. why are we doing this? well first the health of our family, but also for my own selfish reasons. I am trying to get the baby weight off. This weight is not from Reid. The weight I gained with him was gone in 2 weeks. This is the weight from Avarie. Yes it has shamefully taken me this long to get the motivation to do it, but proudly to say I am down 15 pounds as of today and only have 6 more to go for my current goal and then reevaluation to see what the next goal will be, but I am back into clothes that haven't fit me for years and kept for some reason. I really do appreciate my sweet husband sticking with me and helping me to get healthier. If it was not for him putting the kids in the stroller and getting out their with me I would not have been able to do it so THANK YOU HONEY!!! YOU ARE WONDERFUL. I am feeling better about myself and feeling the best I have in years thanks to your support and help!

No comments: